Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

News: Fly fishing is dumb

I've got less than 2 weeks before I start a new job so I have a lot of time kill while sitting in front of the computer. Unfortunately there is still no Future Spey news, so instead I'll just rant about the nincompoopishness of fly fishing.



Why do I hold such a low estimation of something I've never even tried before (much like steroids and anchovies)? Because it ruins all google stalking of Speys. In the long run that is probably a good thing, but I'm so sick of sifting thru page after page of fly fishing web sites looking for news about Speys. I'm not expecting to find much, but try it and see for yourself. You put Spey and ANY word in the a query box and youre gettin nothin but fly fishing. It's infuriating.


You can try using booleans to get rid of some pesky keywords but it doesn't help much.


The question now is what do Speys have to do with fly fishing? The answer should obviously be: nada. It's a coincidence. Grampa, however, begs to differ.


It all starts with the river in Scotland, which meanders thru a part of the Highlands famous for salmon (for which morons apearantly fly fish) and distilling whiskey. This is where 99% of your "spey" searches lead you. There other 1% will be to some airplane engine made by Rolls Royce, but every few hits in a thousand will get something on our humble family. Grampa thinks this is because back during the Crusades, Scottish Knights heeded the call of fanatical Popes to fight in the Holy Wars and headed South. In the midst of thier journey some decided Jerusalem could fend for themselves and settled down in Germany, from whence they carried on the Spey mantle through their ancestors to this very day.


This is, of course, quite preposterous on so many levels. Grampa also once purported that the name for the 'bullpen' in baseball came the fact that pitchers once warmed up in an enclosure full of male cows.







Whatever.



Here is some stuff I've uncovered while google stalking my family members.



John(this picture is on the right)

Matthew

me

mom

dad

more me

and here's another good one from me

and this is what Kirk Cameron has been up to since Growing Pains went off the air



Fascinated I'm sure. Now where is that baby!?!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?